PolyGard®2 Multi Sensor Controller MSC2-X-XX3X2200 GasAlarm
Gas measuring, monitoring and warning controller based on state-of-the-art micro-technology for continuous monitoring of the ambient air to detect toxic and combustible gases, refrigerants or oxygen.
The Multi-Sensor-Controller is designed for the connection of a maximum of 3 sensors, of which two can be Sensor Cartridge SC2 series connected via local bus and up to 3 analog sensors MC2 with 4-20 mA signal. The controller monitors the measured values and activates the alarm relays if the set alarm thresholds for pre-alarm and main alert are exceeded. In addition, the values are provided for direct connection to the BMS via an RS-485 interface and also as 4-20 mA output.
The SIL 2 compliant self-monitoring function in the MSC2 and in the connected Sensor Cartridge activates the fault message in case of an internal error as well as in case of a fault in the local bus communication (SC2) and / or at the 4-20 mA input / output current signals.
Other options such as three color status LED, buzzer, digital input for acknowledgement or test function, various communication protocols ensure proper adaptation to the whole range of applications in gas detection technology.
The MSC2 is designed for detection and warning of gases in many commercial and industrial applications. The difference between MSB2 and MSC2 is the autonomy MSC2 provides while having the ability to connect to a larger controller / system.
- Internal function monitoring with integrated hardware watchdog
- SIL2 Compliant development process
- Easy maintenance / calibration by replacing the sensor cartridge or via comfortable on-site calibration
- Modular technology (plug-in and exchangeable)
- Reverse polarity protected, overload and short-circuit proof
- Local bus connection for two Sensor Cartridges SC2 & two analog inputs 4-20 mA, eg MC2 series (max 3 sensors)
- Three relays with SPDT contacts, potential-free max. 250V AC, 5A
- Two transistor outputs, 24 VDC, 0.1 A(plus switching)
- Serial RS 485 interface with protocol for DGC06, or Modubus protocol as an option
- Different types of housing with IP65
- Two digital inputs
- Status LED for alarm, fault, operation and service
- Warning buzzer
- Reset Button
- Operating voltage 230VAC with wide range input 90 to 240 VAC
Built for a standard output RS485, this controller is compatible with the PolyGard 2 series controllers the DGC as well as any other digital electronic control or automation system.