Gas Alarm Systems is the only supplier to provide gas detection tubes for Methanol in 5 mm (equivalent to Gastec Tubes) as well as 7 mm (equivalent to Draeger Tubes) in Australia.
Methanol is predominantly produced from natural gas by reforming the gas with steam.
Applications for Methanol tube include:
- Methanol is a feedstock to produce acetic acid and formaldehyde, which can be used in the production of adhesives, foams, plywood, solvents and windshield washer fluid
- Methanol is used on its own as a vehicle fuel or blended directly into gasoline to produce a high-octane
- Production of methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), an additive in gasoline and dimethyl ether (DME), a clean-burning fuel with similar properties to propane
- Nearly 45% of the world’s methanol is used in energy-related applications
- It is a clean burning fuel that reduces SOx and NOx emissions
The methanol gas detection tube measurement system consists of tubes and pumps from Uniphos series(compatible to Gastec tubes and pumps) and KWIKDRAW Uniphos series(compatible to Draeger tubes & pumps). They both provide quick quantitative measurements with high degree of precision. The printed scale allows technicians to easily view the direct reading of the concentrations.